Friday, July 13, 2007

Signal Hill

I have decided to start training for this fall’s marathons with a bang. Tomorrow morning I am get very early to avoid the heat and run my favorite most difficult route, the ascent of Signal Hill. Signal Hill, pictured above, is the large mountain that looms on the horizon when I look out my front window. Oddly there is a paved road all the way to the top, built to provide access to the radio towers that give it its name. It is probably the steepest paved road that I have ever seen. Running up it provides one heck of a workout, also the view from the top it is amazing. I think this will be nice way reenergize my enthusiasm for running, which has been dulled lately by my twice daily runs around the edge of my neighborhood with the dogs, time for something different and challenging.

No comments: