Friday, August 17, 2007

Weekend

There are lots of sign of the arrival of fall that are cropping all over the place. School is starting up, Monday is K’s first day with students. Football is getting underway, the seemingly endless NFL preseason has begun. Serious talk has begun ad the pennant race in baseball. Halloween stuff if begining to crop up in stores. Unfortunately summer is not showing in the one place that I really desire to see it, the thermometer.

Despite these signs of fall, outside summer shows now sign of releasing the area from its vicious grip. Day after day the sun rises and thermometer being inevitable climb to 110 and beyond. By this time of year I have lost patience with this. I am so tires of the heat, I want to be able to open a window at night, not sweat through a shirt within 5 minutes when I go running, see people on the streets again, and not spend so much on air-conditioning. Sigh, it will be at least a month until things get noticeable cooler, and not until just before Halloween will the weather be what could be called pleasant.


Duke

It is going to be another three weimaraner weekend, but this time instead having a puppy over, we are watching Berkeley and Zack’s running buddy, Duke. Should be fun because all three dogs get along very well. It should however be a very loud weekend as there favorite game is to wildly chase each other around barking at the top their lungs.

We will probably also do something this weekend to celebrate my birthday, which is Tuesday. Hard to believe that I am going to be 28, how did I get so damn old? I am not sure what we are going to do, probably just something low key, most likely having a few people over for a BBQ.

According to my training schedule I am supposed to do a 20 miler this weekend. I am not sure yet if my ankle is up to this. It still a little tender from last Friday’s fall. It is improving pretty fast so I will probably just wait and see how it feels on Sunday morning.

1 comment:

Whitney said...

"I want to be able to open a window at night, not sweat through a shirt within 5 minutes when I go running, see people on the streets again, and not spend so much on air-conditioning."

That is why most people don't live in the middle of the dessert. However, I can't stand the heat here in Virginia. We have had 100' days and humidity to boot. Talk about sweating like it is 110 but only 82 with humdity that you could wring out of the air. I hate this part of the summer.