Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Tattoo

I have recently come to the conclusion that I am obsessed with tattoos. Currently I have three of them, two on back and one my leg. None of them are particularly new, the newest dates back to last summer and the oldest to 2000. Despite this fact, every time I see my self in mirror, when I am in state of undress that allows for viewing of my tattoos, I take the time to notice my tattoos. I just really like the way they look on me. Plus there is just something about the idea of tattoos that appeals to me. I have design for a fourth tattoo all set to go, a topic that I have already blogged about. Everyday for months I have thought about the tattoo that I want. As for my wife's tattoos, I find them sexy as hell.

The thing that puzzles me about all this is, why? I can not figure out what the root of this obsession is. What is about tattoo that I find so appealing. After years of pondering this I still do not have the slightest clue. As a very analytical and introspective person the inability to understand the root of my desires in this regard bugs me. I like to know the reasons behind why I feel certain ways. Usually I am very good at least coming up with some sort of hypothesis on why I want something, or feel someway. But not in the case of my tattoo obsession.
But since they make me happy, and are harmless, I guess it does matter if don't know why I like them. I guess I will just enjoy them. Man, I can't wait until I get me next one. I wonder how many ultimately will wind up with. I can't see why I would want to stop with just one more.

No comments: