Friday, January 25, 2008

Tattoo Design Possibilities

For Valentines Day I am going to get a tattoo, I finally squirled away enough loose change to make it happen. For over a year I have been set on the design below as the design for my next tattoo, however now I thinking about making a few tweaks to it.



This is the current design for my next tattoo. The 21 point sun represents the day I got married. The sun because it was the summer solstice. The 3 large points represent the year, 2003, the six larger points the month, June, and all 21 points the day, the 21st. I am not sure what will be in the rest of the design. The thing in the center is an old alchemy symbol for fusion. However I am not sure about the symbol in middle anymore. I am thinking about possibly simplifying the design a little bit



One possible way that I am thinking of changing it is just to make the entire design solid. I kind of like how it looks like this.


The other approach that I am thinking about is just getting the outline done, though with thicker lines. One advantage to this is that I could add things into the middle at later date.
I still have a few weeks to mull all this over, but man, am I excited. I have been wanting this tattoo badly for over a year.


1 comment:

Lauren said...

I like the idea of the empty one, especially if the lines were thicker. That would look neat.